Think you know everything about music? Let’s find out if you can tell your Macklemore from your Taylor Swift.
1. “Black Magic Woman” may be associated with Carlos Santana, but it was originally written and recorded by _______
2. “New Order” was formed by the surviving members of _______
3. Mark Knopfler shared song writing credits with_______ for “Money for Nothing”.
4. Danger Mouse’ Grey Album is a mashup between an acapella version of The Black Album by _______ and samples from The Beatles’ White Album
5. R&B singer _______ was fatally shot by his father in 1984.
6. Audioslave was a supergroup formed by Chris Cornell (of Soundgarden) and members of _______
7. The production duo, The Neptunes, and funk band N.E.R.D are both projects by _______
8. ________ are considered the inspiration for the unique sounds and heads down practices of the indie subgenre “shoegaze”
1. Fleetwood Mac in the pre-stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham blues rock incarnation.
2. Joy Division. After Ian Curtis died, the remaining members formed New Order
3. Sting, who contributed to “I want my MTV” line and backing vocals.
4. Jay Z
5. Marvin Gaye
6. Rage Against the Machine
7. Pharell Williams
8. My Bloody Valentine